The YMCA is the largest not-for-profit Child Care provider in Canada. With 50+ years of experience and over 290 licenses programs throughout the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), the YMCA offer high-quality programs for infants, toddlers, preschool and school-aged children
ShiftMatch has partnered with the YMCA of Greater Toronto since 2016.
Prior to ShiftMatch, the YMCA was managing its supply staff of Registered Early Childhood Educators manually. This meant that Supervisors at each site would make hundreds of calls every morning to ensure that their site had a full complement of staff. They had high supply staff turnover and they manually entered payroll data for these supply staff.
Following implementation of ShiftMatch, the YMCA experienced several changes in practice:
- Supply staff are now able to choose where and when they would like to work across a region;
- Shift communication is automated to staff via text, email and app notification;
- ShiftMatch tracks and stores records of certifications supply staff are mandated to hold;
- ShiftMatch data is exported to the payroll software directly.
As a result, benefits to the YMCA included:
- Reduced staff turnover by 88%;
- Time savings of 20% FTE by reducing manual payroll input;
- Improved fill rate of vacant shift to up to 95%;
- Materially improved practices of tracking staff certification;
- 100% supply staff satisfaction with ShiftMatch (per YMCA internal staff surveys)
If you or someone you know is interested in joining the YMCA’s dedicated team of Child Care professionals, please click the link below. YMCA is recognized as a top employer in the GTA and a top employer of young people in Canada.
Leave A Comment